Saturday, May 23, 2009

It Doesn't Get Better Than ExtremeSpinning!...or... I LOVE YODA

Extreme Spinning is my go-to place for all things fiber, including instruction & ego support. I'm posting some of her fiberlicious masterpieces because I just can't help myself anymore! Part of my problem here is that I got the biggest batt of her Sea Roses in my May Phat Fiber Box. WooHoo!!! It's merino, sea cell, firestar and angelina -there are no words!!! On top of that, I bought some stunning yarn from her shop with my discount from last month. It's shades of rose in baby alpaca, silk and cashmere. Unbelievable. What knocked me off the edge is the unbelievably beautiful fiber she sends me to "practice on"...I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy. Thus, this blog entry. CJ the pictures of my "spinning" are to honor the continued help from Yoda. It's not bad, right? I'm so proud of it & it wouldn't have happened if not for you. Thanks Yoda!!



The two batts in the back are called Strawberry Frosted Donuts & I only wish this photo could do it justice; the subtle shadings & sparkles are a delight. I bought them & was putting it away to use when I knew what I was doing. Yoda (CJ) said learn on good products & don't be afraid. She sent a thank you fiber gift and extra beautiful fiber to get started. Below the strawberries is a get started kit I bought from her that came with the spindle, there's a wonderfully shaded dark green fiber on the very bottom of the pix - but take a look at the lavender,cream, green swirl of deliciousness on the left *sigh*


You are looking at all the incentives to practice that I've received from EXTREME SPINNING. I still can't get over it. Who does things like this for people?? Oh, right, CJ does! And look everyone...I AM SPINNING!! That's me spinning my gift from EXTREME SPINNING, I love those colors. They remind me of the lilacs in my yard. And the yellow,blue and cream are my daffodils and grape hyacynths in the part of my garden I can't walk to yet. Notice the dark purple braid,yup, came in a cute bag with one of my purchases. Amazing.

More beautiful samples

A closer look at part of my getting started kit with spindle. I think you can see some of the sparkling goodness. Those colors are yummy and it's sooooo soft it even has my son impressed.

Here's the whole kit. The green didn't come out well. I wish I were better at this so I could do it justice. It's well worth picking up a kit at EXTREME SPINNING, you couldn't even get the spindle for the price of the entire package & as new as I am I've learned you can never have enough spindles.

This is my beautiful shaded rose yarn in baby alpaca, silk & cashmere. Again, the color is way prettier in real life. It's soft & squishy & yummy & WILL become the first thing I make for me.

This is for you CJ! All your help & support & yummy fibers and look what I've done already! I'm taking this one with me to the hospital - hoping I'll be up to spin (with my luck I'll probably get an IV line mixed in it) ;-) I'm making thin strips and doing the baggie thing so I'll be ready.

There it is again...I know it's the same thing, but I really am proud. Did I mention all the fiber & the spindle came from CJ at EXTREME SPINNING?????

And this...DRUM ROLL... This is what I found in my MAY PHAT FIBER BOX!!!! It's enough to make a grown woman faint from happiness! Merino, sea cell, firestar,& angelina. SEA ROSES. A perfect name for a perfect fiber. It's like a rose garden in my room. STUNNING isn't even a good enough word to describe it.

Thank you so much CJ (Yoda). If I ever learn to post from here to our Rav site, it's going to be there. In the meantime I spin whenever I can. I'm slow but happy. Thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment