Tuesday, August 4, 2009

HELP NEEDED! ! ! A terrific opportunity for a Random Act of Kindness!

This is a copy of a request from a very deserving scenic artist. If you can help, please send her what you can, or let me know, & you can send it to me & I'll send it her way. I'm adding her original note so you have all the details. You can also look at this as a great way to clean up the neighborhood by carefully taking down from poles, posters from bands you don't even know with shows that are probably outdated. Or clean out your attic/basement of the old posters show posters you never got to toss-now's the time.
So, please , look around your home,work & play areas for show posters, graphic stickers etc., & take them down for a good cause. Thanks, I'm getting off my soap box now. Here's Lisa's letter-

lamp posts of philly
Originally uploaded by lepetitbleux

posters wanted!

Hey blog readers! I need your help.

Could you go out in the next few days and tear down some show posters, and mail them to me?

We're covering the gigantic walls of our upcoming show with this sort of thing, and we would like as many real posters as possible.

Also desirable, are graphic stickers, and other cool images on paper that are bold enough to "read" from twenty feet away. Random weird stuff on paper is good, too.

Artists, take your images and blow them up on the photocopier, and then mail them to me!

The same goes for you, letterboxers.

Please mail to:

Berkeley Repertory Scenic Studios
Lisa Lazar, Scenic Artist
2526 Wood Street
Oakland CA 94607

(We will be gluing everything to the walls, so please don't send me anything that you want back.)

No comments:

Post a Comment