Sunday, August 16, 2009

Knitting Progress...what's that???

It seems that every time I get going with my knitting it sets off a silent alarm that only cats can hear. It's without fail that once I get into the actual knitting, (I'm fine if I only have a ball of yarn & needles in my hand), the cat must come and sit directly on the project in hand. That's a furry blob over 10 lbs. lounging on top of my WIP as well as the hands desperately holding onto the needles so I don't drop any stitches while she's there. This time I wiggled away and decided to do something other than knitting, something the cat wouldn't be interested in at all. I thought I'd make some changes in a sock pattern I was going to start.

So out came the Basic Sock Pattern I have typed up and ready and I began to make changes on a little notepad that was next to me on the sofa. This could work. It's knitting related so my brain was happy thinking knitty thoughts, but there was no yarn for Kitty to get the silent alarm to flatten me with her fluffiness. Now this could just be my cat, or maybe cats everywhere have an uncanny way of knowing when their world is out of kilter, because the next thing I knew there she was. And she decided to take a nap on the paperwork...or did she... I quickly noticed as I sat there burning up, that I was writing on a pretty incendiary pad if I were to think like a cat. Here's the picture of her sly little self letting me know that "I heart dogs" is totally unacceptable, even for number crunching a knitting pattern. I get the message Kitty & I apologize.

I'm now knitting away on the baby sweaters for the local hospital. They have to be made in acrylic yarn. Kitty has no interest in acrylic and will leave me and the yarn alone for as long as I'm working on it. Alpaca & cashmere is another story altogether. She's a real sneak thief when it comes to good fiber. If for nothing else, I've got to love her for her good taste.


No comments:

Post a Comment