Sunday, January 3, 2010

busybusybusy and other things

I don't even know where to start, there's been so much going on around here. I hope everyone had a great holiday! We didn't do the whole dress up the house & put up the 8 foot tree with decorations I've made since about 1970 since I wasn't up to doing it myself & everyone else had work & school and "stuff". So we had the little tree - about 4 feet I'm guessing and someone was kind enough to put some white lights on it. No decorations, but some white lights. I put up the little Starbucks penguin my son gave me last year as the tree topper when I saw that nothing else was going to happen by way of ornaments & it made me smile when I'd pass it just because it was from him. Then I remembered a friend who decorated her entire, verrrry large Christmas tree with skeins of Wolmeise. So that's what I did & here's the photo to prove it. Of course, Kitty got a bit too interested & I got a bit too paranoid, so I took my photo and packed my WM safely away. I took it so there'd be a reflection-not just to make it seem larger than it actually was, but to make it look like I had a ton of WM :-) I'm also wondering why, after I write all of this, the photo of the tree jumps to the top of the post...I want to be a computer geek so badly le sigh. Still, it is very colorful & a real tribute to Claudia's dying skills...not to mention, my addiction...Well, better that than smoking. I was thinking of new ways to justify getting more WM and here's the top contender - it probably costs as much as a couple cartons of cigs and it doesn't blow up as smoke! I'm thinking it's a valid way to explain my stash, especially if I'm lucky enough to score some WM lace...mmmmmmmmm.

Some people make New Year Resolutions. I thought about it this year and my reaction was, Nah!!! After my last 6 purchases from The Loopy Ewe, Wollmeise & The Sanguine Gryphon, I think I can handle working from my stash. Bet lots of you feel the same. After all, any yarn you buy and put in your stash area automatically becomes stash, so I think I can do my yarn diet this year and work from my stash....starting next week...I really want the elusive Tomato Frog Bugga! to make another shawl for my DD

I've already started getting in over my head this year by signing up for The Looy Ewe's Clapotis KAL. This came just after their Shawl KAL which was a ton of fun. I made a Multnomah shawl in Dream in Color-Knitosophy in Superhero, a lovely colorway of dark browns, blacks, dark & light blues,plums. It was lovely to knit up and it came out looking beautiful. You can see it on my Ravelry projects page, along with everything else, but I'm going to add a couple photos here...let's hope it doesn't jump to a place it likes instead of where I want it. Of course it didn't so I'm going to try to rearrange things so this makes some sense. It seems it doesn't want to cooperate with me so I'm guessing I'll have to do this in a series so please bear with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment