Sunday, October 18, 2009

JUST KEEP SPINNING, JUST KEEP KNITTING.....






Yup, I've been busy... tired, but busy. I'm knitting the Martini Scarf for the KAL with The Knitter's Brewing Company for my daughter. Of course I missed the finish date, but the knitting goes on. I love the colorway! Cosmopolitan is a red, but not a bright red, more like a rusty red. It's described as a medium cranberry red with naturally occurring highlights-love that Sock-aholic Cosmo! I love it so much that I just added yet another thing to my knitting list for the holidays. I bought the kit for the Drinking Gloves in Cosmo since they were so cute I couldn't resist. I can only pray The Knitter's Brewing Co. doesn't come out with a matching hat, I'd be doomed.
Now, if I could only get the photos right...one more thing to work on le sigh.


I've also been working on Bohoknitterchic's Spinalong for Halloween. She made the most beautiful fiber kit for the SAL. I love playing with it almost as much as I like spinning it. The spinning takes forever for me with that spindle, but it's a blast. And I love looking at all the unbelievable spinning being done by other spinners in the group
(http://www.ravelry.com/groups/bohemian-knitter-chic) who really know their stuff.....and even have wheels wish I had a wheel wish I had a wheel. I wish you could see how beautiful the colors really are, and how they sparkle....Yummy! Anyhow, I'm so far behind in this SAL that it may be next Halloween before I finish spinning & actually make something out of the fiber. The good news is that it'll be the first thing I've made with something I spun, and, I'll be early for a change!


I've still got to finish the socks I've been making for my sister for her birthday. It's been so long that I now owe her another pair for the last birthday. At least I've got the yarn & pattern for the next pair & I think she'll love it...I hope she does anyway...and this should go down in history for the socks that have taken me the longest to make. No photos here just in case she visits -she knows I'm making them but after all this time she at the very least deserves to be the first one to see them :-)

All this has started me thinking of all the WIP I still have to get to before the holidays. I have no time to write about them if I ever expect to get them done, and I'd better lay off Ravelry for a day or two so I can get some actual knitting time in. Rav is so addictive!!!! Back to knitting...

No comments:

Post a Comment