Wednesday, October 21, 2009

On The Niddy Noddy and other stuff

I've finished my first 2 oz batt from the Bohoknitterchic's All Hallows Eve SAL and it's now on the niddy noddy. I've decided to store it there since I couldn't decide if I should just keep going with my second batt or do two separate batts so I'd have a better idea of how many yards I had to work with when I was finished. I'm thinking of making a pair of fingerless gloves or mitts. If I can spin the next batt the same weight, I'll have two skeins of about the same amount of yarn so I'll have an idea of the size of the mitts I can make with one. I think I have about 100 yds give or take a couple yards from the 2 oz batt...not bad.
My creation



I was also looking at the Sanguine Gryphon's blog and the stunning outfits she makes. They're very like the ones you find in the Renaissance Faires my daughter and I love going to, only made in the most exquisite fabrics and with such talent sigh. She is one very gifted woman. It made me think of how I love my daughter in her Ren. Faire garb. I love watching her as she enjoys the day, the experience, the children, the pickles, and I love how she plops down at the end of the day, totally exhausted but happy.....
Renaissance Faire 07

No comments:

Post a Comment